Have you been using Instagram to pitch your brand to potential customers? If yes, here is some good news for you.
Gone are the days when you could only choose one image to upload as a post on Instagram.
The app now lets its users upload up to ten photos or videos or a combination of both in one single post.
The fancy name for Instagram’s this coolest new update is carousel posts.
Yes, before you say it, Instagram layouts, a collage-making feature, has been there for a while now, and it also allows people to fit multiple pictures in one single image.
While collages are a great way to present related images in one single frame, imagine how better it would be if you could take each picture in a collage and upload them separately in a single post without having to crop any parts.
How can you engage your Instagram followers with these carousel posts?
- If you are a photographer, you can use carousel posts to tell a visual story. You probably have a lot of breath-taking panoramas stored in your computer and wished that you could upload them to Instagram. Well, now you can. Read on to find out how.
- Your business deals in home decor and you always wanted to post before-and-after photos? Just use Instagram’s new carousel feature.
- You are a budding cartoonist using Instagram to establish yourself as a professional? Imagine how many Instagram views you can get on a flip book. Use each image in a series of ten to create your digital book of moving pictures.
- Instructive carousels are a great option for food bloggers. Posting cooking tutorials on YouTube has become the norm now. What if you could break that norm and engage more people by posting snack tutorial carousels on Instagram? This way you can increase your chances of getting millions of Instagram likes, and your channel may also get some new subscribers. Remember to capture video clips that do not run longer than 60 seconds. Anymore than that and Instagram will automatically crop out the rest.
So, how can I capture multiple scenes for carousel posts?
You don’t need the skills of a professional photographer to capture images for these slideshow posts. Simply take snaps of your products like you have been taking so far, and then follow the steps that are described below to create your first carousel post.
Here’s how you can upload multiple scenes to Instagram
Creating the basic carousel
- Go to Instagram and click on the + icon in the navigation bar, which is at the bottom of your Instagram page.
- On the right side of the boomerang and layout icons, you will see an icon that looks like mini stacked squares. Click on that.
- Images from your phone’s gallery will appear at the bottom of the page.
- Pick ten images in the order in which you want them to appear in your post.
- If you are going to have a mix of videos and images, make sure you go to the video and turn its sound off or on, based on your preference.
- Click on ‘next’ in the top right-hand corner to apply filters on your photos or videos.
- You can apply different filters on each photo and video or a single filter on all the elements of your slideshow.
- If you want to rearrange some of the photos and videos, just click on one of them and drag and drop it where you want it to be.
- Click on ‘next’ again, write a caption, and click on ‘share’ to upload your carousel post.
- People recognize carousel posts in their feeds by the multiple dots that appear right below these posts.
- In one’s own account, slideshow posts are marked with a cascading images icon to set them apart from the usual single posts.
The steps above are the ones that you’ll have to follow no matter which type of carousel you are going for.
Panorama in a carousel
- First, use your phone or your camera to take a panorama.
- Download an app that will let you cut out square frames of your panorama to create a number of small-sized images.
- Go to Instagram and follow the steps described in point 1 to upload your panorama, and thank us later for the incredible Instagram comments you get on this post.
Important points to remember while uploading carousels to Instagram
Your customers will see the first image of your slideshow by default, but they might not want to flip through the rest of the images. Therefore, it is important that you choose the cover of your carousel carefully.
- It should be an image that will pique your customers’ interest enough to make them go through the rest of the images.
- But in case they choose not to see the other photos in the series, the cover image should give away just the right amount of information about what you are marketing and what your customers can take away from the post.
- These posts won’t be visible to people whom you have blocked. Ensure that your account’s privacy settings are activated so that people cannot check your account using other Instagram handles. And do not worry about tools like Instagram private viewer as they never work.
Instagram is the app that people browse to be entertained, and probably that is why the number of Instagram Users are always on the rise.
Entertaining your customers in the right way is not an easy feat to achieve, so creativity and uniqueness are the two most important things that you need to keep in mind while marketing your business on Instagram.