Fix Location Problems on Instagram and Grow your Following
Instagram’s rollout of the location feature came in timely. Users not only want to upload a picturesque post or story with amazing captions, but they also want their followers to know where it all happened.
The geo-tagging feature enables individual and business accounts to let their fans know what place is happening enough.
A location not only enables an added element to the picture, but it also informs people which place is trending or crucial for a certain activity.
Some users have had a struggle of enabling this amazing location feature, and this article is going to help you tackle the problem.
Basics-What is location? How does it work?
When an Instagram account/profile shares a post or story, they are given the option of “Add Location” which gives them a choice to check-in at a particular place.
The user who is uploading will be given some nearby locations based on their GPS estimates.
But if the results don’t suit their preference, the user can also type the location into the “Find a Location” text box.
This gives a set of results from which the Instagram user can choose.
The Instagram image so posted will look as follows
Read more: Instagram Captions Lyrics – 200 + Best Lyrical Instagram captions.
Not seeing a Location Option
If locations do not appear when you try to add a location, the first thing you need to check is whether location services are enabled for Instagram on your phone’s settings.
To do this, follow the steps given below.
Read more: How to report problem to Instagram?
For Android Users
- Exit the Instagram app, go to phone settings
- Under the “Personal” section of your settings, choose “Location”
- If the Location is turned off, turn it on.
- If the Location is already on, scroll down to spot Instagram and check if it is enabled.
- If it is disabled, tap on the right side option and location for Instagram will be enabled.
For iOS Users
- Exit the Instagram app, go to phone settings.
- Click on “Privacy” option
- Tap the “Location Services” bar
- If the location services option is turned off, turn it on.
- After turning the Location services on, scroll down and spot “Instagram” and tap on it
- You will find two options, “Never” and “While Using the App”, select the latter option.
The above steps should solve the location problem for you.
If you still have problems spotting the location of your choice, there is a solution for you as well.
For any other help, you can refer to this (https://help.instagram.com/488619974671134) page.
Creating Location for Your Business
Business users on Instagram need to understand that all location-based information comes from Facebook.
As a business on Instagram, if you have a Facebook page, then you will most probably not face any location problems on Instagram posts.
However, if you are not able to spot your business location while uploading an Instagram image, you can create a new location and there are two different methods, both of which require you to use Facebook.
- Adding a custom Instagram Location:
- Login to Facebook, and select the “Check In” at the top of your Facebook feed.
- Enter the name of your business location that you want to add.
- You will see an “Add” option at the bottom of search results
- Tap “Create” and post the check-in on Facebook.
- Search for your newly made location and claim the place by selecting the “is this your business” feature.
- Custom Location Add on Instagram business account linked to Facebook Business Page
- Login to Facebook account that you use for your business page and go to your page.
- Tap on edit page option and scroll to about section, tap edit.
- Enter the name of the location of your business and select the “add” option at the bottom of the results.
- Select “Create” and post your check-in on Facebook.
Learn more about : Instagram notifications not working – how to fix it?
Why should I bother with GeoTagging?
Instagram is a medium that is being used by more than 150 million people and it is more than a photo app.
Consider Instagram like a reviews app, people search for businesses too.
For instance, people would be searching for a particular kind of Japanese sushi and they might turn to Instagram to search for places.
Companies, individuals and businesses have time and again utilized Instagram the right way and earned profits because of it, check out this link to see how if automobile firms can enjoy, so can you.
Geotagging your business pictures on Instagram with your business location will let people see that your business is out there selling a particular kind of product or service that might be looking for.
Additionally, if someone happened to click on the location name of your business or search for it, the name of your business shows up.
Be Smart-Use GeoTagging
Instagram app developers have designed the app in such a way that users are bound to something called the “Instagram Algorithm”-meaning that a particular profile has to keep their Instagram followers engaged by constant Instagram likes, Instagram comments or Instagram views to be able to show up on the respective followers’ feeds all the time.
Geo-Tagging or adding location to your Instagram posts is one of the most effective ways to engage your followers and your potential Instagram followers into your business profile.
If you need more reasons to use this feature, read this article.
Lastly, to Build your name, Build a Following
For more and more people to get access to your locations on Instagram, you need to first have some minimum number of followers to spread the word and let the “algorithm” work its magic.
In order to get more Instagram followers, you should have a look at the ways you can attract followers for your Instagram business page.